Recently I was given The Versatile Blogger Award by Suzanne, author of Autism Mom Rising. This is the first time I’ve ever received an award of any kind for my blog so I’m feeling very happy and honoured to receive it …thank you Suzanne. 😀
The Versatile Blogger Award is a bit like a blogging chain letter, in that the recipients are meant to pass on the award to 7 other bloggers that they really like, to encourage other people to read their favourite blogs, plus they must write 7 things about themselves that readers of their blogs wouldn’t already know about them. Hmmm…what to write? Here goes…
1. I don’t have a middle name. I’ve always felt I’ve missed out on something by not having a middle name. I do however have a pretend middle initial ‘Q’ which was given to me by my doctor to distinguish me from another patient with the same name on his computer records who obviously doesn’t have a middle name either, lol. 😀
2. I love “Twisties” but shouldn’t really eat them since they probably contain gluten and most certainly contain dairy products, making them totally unsuitable for someone on a GFCF diet. :::sigh:::
3. I used to play piano and classical guitar …haven’t practiced either instrument for ages so I’ve forgotten most of what I learned. 😦
4. In retrospect I realize the name ‘Peter’ has been with me in various ways throughout my life …synchronicity? …destiny perhaps? 😉 When I was around 3 years old I named my only male baby doll Peter. My first boyfriend’s name was Peter. He gave me a dark blue plastic ‘engagement ring’ from a packet of Sherbet (yummy, tangy, tingly powdered confectionery) — the type of ring/toy that you snap off the end of the plastic spoon in the sherbet pack. We were only 6 years old and I haven’t seen him since primary school. When I was 12 I got my first dog …and called him Peter (he was my best buddy and listened to me when people wouldn’t). When I was 21 I met the love of my life and we married a couple of years later …his name is Peter. 🙂
5. I LOVE chocolate! I know it’s not always dairy free or gluten free but it’s just so divinely, wonderfully YUM! I even hide it from my family so I don’t have to share it with anyone …shhhh, don’t tell…
6. I love watching “The Bold and the Beautiful”. Yep, I know it’s probably not wise to admit something like that, but I love how the writers manage to keep coming up with the most ridiculous but intriguing story-lines that involve the same central group of characters, all married/divorced/intermarried ten times over. These convoluted plots really challenge the continuity of the characters’ histories … ‘soap opera’ at its best!
7. I’m a Trekkie from way back. I was seriously smitten with William Shatner as Captain James T. Kirk in his youthful days on the original series but in many ways I felt more of an affinity with Leonard Nimoy’s character, Spock — the Aspie/half-alien nature of Spock appealed to me even before I knew why. The “Next Generation” Star Trek with Patrick Stewart as Captain Jean-Luc Picard was good too but I lost interest in the newer Star Trek series that followed it — they were too far removed from the original for my liking.
The 7 blogs listed below are ones that I return to time and again. However, I don’t often comment on other peoples’ blogs, mainly due to the anxiety I experience in trying to think of something to say, as even the shortest of comments, that other people seem to be able to make spontaneously, cause me to nervously edit and re-edit to make sure my comment sounds ok before I send it. As for writing a whole blog entry, you really don’t want to know how long that takes me! Anyway, the point is that even though some of these authors won’t know me I hope they’re all happy to receive The Versatile Blogger Award from me to show how much I do appreciate and admire their writing. Click on the images…
Dinosaurs in my Dishwasher continues on from where Nikki’s first blog, The Kramer Kronicles, finished.
I’d also love to include Autism Mom Rising on the list but as Suzanne gave the award to me in the first place I can’t really give her another one back again …so her blog is ‘unofficially’ added here anyway to encourage you to take a look if you haven’t already. 😀
Live long and prosper! 😉